home :: art heritage :: the tower

art heritage

the tower

Between 1545 and 1592 the See tower, one of the most distinctive elements of the monument and the city outlines, was built above the Romanesque part of the temple at the north slope. The tower has on its upper part several apertures and is headed with a balustrade.

At the 17th century the bells and the clock are embodied in. At the beginning of the 20th century and until 1936, the tower showed off a needle finial, which was breaking its Gothic features. The 30 m. high tower is accessible by a winding stair (cargol de Sant Pere).