home :: art heritage :: sant agustí’s chapel

art heritage

sant agustí’s chapel

It is the canonical chapel, built after another and annexed to the basilica and the current cloister, which corresponds to the 1681-1683 years. It has a Baroque shape and a quite big size, probably built at the same time as the new cloister. It is a wide area, accessible from the cloister, with a window-use segmental arc and a sided way out at the Romanesque arcade.

It is a noble looking-like area and recently musealized with paintings about the life of the canon Mulet and religious ornaments. At the entrance, on the floor, there is the count Eck sepulchre, an officer of the emperor of Austria follower troops which were defending Cardona in the 1711 siege.